Growing Renewable Energy Applications and Technologies
The project has practical and policy objectives. These include:
1. Developing a set of tools to enable small and medium sized enterprises (SME’s) to engage with Smart Energy and make energy savings.
2. Enabling SME’s to do business across borders.
3. Stimulating product development among enterprises.
4. Building an overall awareness of opportunities for Smart Energy
- We have helped to set up Leeds Energy as a provident society.
- Working along with Leeds University and Leeds City Council we have been able to develop a proposal for intelligent buildings. This is designed to save 20% of energy costs in carbon emissions in blocks of buildings.
- We are working with local groups to set up a Dissemination Centre for Smart Energy in the region.